I have to read 1 novel, 1 philosophy book, 1 Adam Smith philosophical treatise, 3 chapters of Paul de Man, two chapters of a book on the American Technological Sublime, four short stories, and 3 articles on blackboard before Thursday. Oh, and there's that paper. And revising the conference paper. And the merit award applications. And the blackboard posts...make it stop. I've been reading non-stop since, well, I can't quite separate the days. And honestly, I'm beginning to doubt that I have the smarts to get a PhD, though that could be exhaustion talking.
In more interesting news, there was a fire in my apartment building--on my floor. And the fire alarm? It sounded like someone's alarm going off next door, and it definitely did not sound like an emergency. The only way we knew it wasn't a joke was that 7 fire trucks pulled up out front. When we stepped out into the hallway the firemen were already there and smoke was billowing out of a room at the end of the hall. The piece de resistence, however, was that the management had actually turned off the fire alarm before the firetrucks arrived. I feel so secure in the fact that I won't burn up at night.
p.s. Happy first week of change!!
No comments:
Post a Comment