Monday, May 31, 2010
Cravings
I've been getting cravings lately. Severe ones. Most recently, I demolished an entire bag of M&M's in two days. You see, one of my good friends is pregnant (just out of her 1st trimester!)--my roommate tells me I must be sympathizing. True or not, the cravings are still around. Today it was gyoza. I've been attempting to make good gyoza for a while now. The filling hasn't been a problem. The gyoza skin, however, has. I tried using wonton wrappers, but they're so thin that they fall to pieces when I cook the dumplings. I could go to the Japanese market and buy special gyoza wrappers, but I am lazy and poor and kind of want to have 100% home-made dumplings. So today I looked up a gyoza skin recipe and whipped up some of my own. They are not as thin or perfectly round as the ones pictured in the recipe, but what can you expect when you don't have a rolling pin or a circular cookie cutter? Anyway, I have high hopes. 'Tis a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment